Regarding your upcoming office visit, here are my office precautions:
• I am asking the afternoon appointments to arrive at 1:15 pm, so there is no overlap with clients in the waiting room. This will also allow me time to wipe down table tops, chairs, door handles, etc.
• Upon arriving at the office, clients will be asked to complete a COVID questionnaire for everyone in attendance. Additionally, temperature checks will also be taken and recorded.
• I am limiting contact with pens and clipboards. These items, along with any testing equipment (such as blocks) are wiped down with antibacterial wipes after each use.
• The intake interview will take place in the waiting room which allows the recommended 6 feet apart. The office door will be locked to ensure no one will walk in during the interview; this will maintain HIPAA privacy rules.
• All toys have been removed from the waiting room. Please bring toys or other sources of entertainment for your children.
• If the client is a child, it would be helpful if two adults could attend the appointment. If there is a need to speak with greater privacy, one of the adults can remain in the waiting room with the child.
I look forward to meeting with you so together, we can work towards gaining an understanding of the difficulties at hand, and develop a treatment plan that provides the opportunity to grow and feel a sense of hope.
- Dr. Binford